The name 'UKON' has many positive connotations in Japanese legend. Our favourite use of the word lies in the expression 'Tachibana No Ukon' referring to the Mandarin Tree that was symbolically planted on the right-hand side of the Imperial Palace in Kyoto. It was said to balance the Cherry Blossom Tree on the left-hand side, known as the 'Sakura No Sakon'. Together they replaced the Samurai Guards who had until then protected the Emperor, but who were deemed no longer necessary during times of peace.
In true GLOBAL tradition, the knife is constructed from the best Stainless Steel material and the UKON series features thicker blades to enhance performance. UKON knives are subject to even more precise grinding and finishing work, making them 10 percent sharper out of the box. The knives are designed with an ambidextrous thumb rest that sits closer to the blade for added control and efficiency. The underside of the handle features GLOBAL's trademark indentations, making UKON knives extremely comfortable to hold.
- Chef's Knife GU-0120cm Blade£174.95
- Bread Knife GU-0322cm Blade£174.95
- Santoku Knife GU-0418cm Blade£184.95
- Vegetable Knife GUM-1014cm Blade£149.95
- Santoku Knife GUS-2013cm Blade£119.95
- Utility Knife GUS-2415cm Blade£119.95
- Paring Knife GUF-309cm Blade£74.95
- 3 pce Knife Set GU-300215cm Blade£399.95
- 6 pce Knife Block GU-505/6B£799.95